Monday, May 2, 2022

Life is a Conversation with God

Every moment of your life is a conversation with God.

Every thought in your mind, every doubt, every hope, every prayer.

He speaks to you in your thoughts. In your heart. In your dreams. In your prayers. Through friends. Through strangers. Through coincidence. Through symbols. God will speak to you through nature. And He will repeat himself as many times as necessary until the message gets through. He is patient. He will wait until you're ready to listen. How can someone as big as God speak to someone as small as us? Through Everything. God speaks through Everything. Most importantly, He will speak through you. So have a journal.

When you see the connection in All Things, you will know this is True. Speak, and He will hear. Collect other believers in your life. Believers who allow you to be who you are, to be honest about your faith. They don't need to be in  a Church. You should know that the majority of my friends are not Christian, but a messy conglomerate of half-faiths and loving questions. But they are authentic people. They are real. They are broken, but they are good-hearted. God doesn't care if you can or can't see Him. That's not a requirement. God just wants you to know that He Is Here. 

So start the conversation.

Find those who support and lift up who you are, whether they believe what you believe or not. Gather around you people of good action and wisdom. You are not so strange. We all live a wild life, full of uncertainty. I see, and yet I too am blind, for I cannot predict God's plan in my life, I can only follow. All of us live by faith. None of us are God. And yet, we are all God. So don't be afraid. Start the conversation.


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

- Jeremiah 29:11-13

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

- Colossians 3:16