Sunday, October 17, 2010

Contending with Horses

I have been given hardships this past year that should break me. But, as always, faith prevails.


My sufferings do not make sense to my friends or family. Over and over I hear, "I am so sorry. There must be a reason for this, there has to be, but I just can't think of it. Why be orphaned. Why be faced with lawsuits. Why would God do this to a kind soul?" But they don't understand. When I was young, I asked to serve the world. I prayed to be a savior. I told God this is what I want. By giving me this path, God is not punishing me. God is telling me I am strong enough. God is answering my prayers.


I am unafraid, because God is with me. I am God's child. I am God's love. I am, in all of my imperfections, a humble piece of God, and God lives inside of me. See, I know exactly where God is taking me, and that is why my suffering brings me joy. I will suffer. And in the end, I shall be strong enough to carry the entire world.


God is teaching me. We are growing, and one day, We shall prevail.


"If thou hast wearied with running with footmen, how canst thou contend with horses? and if thou hast been secure in a land of peace, what wilt thou do in the swelling of the Jordan?" Jeremiah 12:5

1 comment:

  1. What won't kill you will only make you stronger.

    Or in footballspeak: no pain, no gain. If you want to be a good athlete you have to train. In training, you pump iron and do road work (lots of running).

    As we abide in Christ, the Lord puts us through His boot camp. He prunes our vine, so that we can bear more spiritual fruit. After our tribulaton period, we enter into a deeper communion with God and become a much more powerful light in a dark and sin-sick world.

    ReplyDelete