Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Leaping

Think about it....

God doesn't want your words... God doesn't want your promises, your vows, your tears or your pleading, your righteous anger or your defense of faith. God doesn't want your arguments, your rationalizations, your understanding or your various gifts. God doesn't want blood, candles, food, praise, hymns, money, or anything else.

God asks for your heart... your passionate, irrational, uncompromising love....

God asks for all of you....

Every. Last. Drop.

And then, suddenly, you're free.

Our heart is our greatest possession... it is our greatest treasure, our only instrument for communication and communion with God. It is the greatest sacrifice, the most exhilarating leap, to break and give our hearts away, to throw them into the unknown with no tangible evidence that anything is there.

And then God catches your heart and makes it whole, places His Spirit inside of you, rebuilds you, and never lets you go.

God wants you to leap.

Don't look. Don't think.

Leap.

_________________________

I am a passionate fan of leaping. If I could define my faith, I would call it the never ending fall... I revel in throwing myself off of mountains, in closing my eyes and hurling through darkness that God might catch me. Be fearless in your faith. Be courageous. Strike out boldly, make choices that you can't take back, treat life with a careless passion, with respect and goodness, and know God's love in all things....

Don't rely on yourself. Trust in His destination, wherever is might be....


Trust in God and the wings He gave you, and you will fly.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take this soul that's inside me now
    Like a brand new friend
    I'll forever know

    I've got this light
    And the will to show
    I will always be better than before

    Long nights allow me to feel
    I'm falling
    I am falling
    The lights go out
    Let me feel I'm falling
    I am falling
    Safely to the ground.


    Eddie Vedder - Long Nights

    This is a song I've been hearing in my head today, thinking about my own leap of faith that I'm in the process of making as I begin my studies and training in massage therapy. It is a holistic act. It really does require everything I am, for me to throw myself into this process of realizing and embodying the love that I've known was there but never had the courage to embrace...

    ReplyDelete